Registered Service providers and DIYers can now select and image their own FreshStart replacement drives. With a properly configured FreshStart Service PC you should be able to image your new replacement drive and also remove and replace the PC that you are upgrading in 15 minutes or less
- Fast. Drive imaging and replacement should only take about 15 minutes. The automated FreshStart service run time averages around an hour, but depends on the old drive condition, transfer speed, and amount of data to be virus scanned and automatically copied to the new drive
- Flexible. Customers can choose the drive type, storage capacity, and speed to match their budget and usage needs We support all SATA connector HDD and SSD drives
- Low Cost – FreshStart customers upgrading to SSD drives get new PC security and performance at a fraction of the cost of a new PC
You must have a SATA USB 3.0 drive dock or cable and a service PC. The process will work with any drive dock. Your service PC should have:
- A Windows 10 PC
- At least 4 GB of RAM
- At least one USB port to connect the drive dock or cable for imaging
- At least 20 GB of available storage to download and save the FreshStart Windows Image version that you will be placing on your new drive (ex: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit)
Once you place your order, we will email you your FreshStart license keys. We’ll also give you access to download the latest FreshStart Imaging Tool software and the FreshStart WIM images you will need to deliver the FreshStart service.
We keep these WIM images up-to-date with all the latest versions, and provide quarterly updates to our Licensed Service Providers. When these software images are updated, we’ll send you an email notice to let you know that a new image version is available.